A Golfing holiday is not just the time a person spends on the golf course, it´s much more. It´s enjoying the landscape around it, having some time to relax in the hotel, on the beach or touring around the city next to them.
A golf trip it´s not just travelling to practice a sport, it´s an opportunity to live a group of experiences together.
Here are the best Golf courses in Spain:
It´s with no doubt one of the classics in Spain. It hosted the first Ryder Cup celebrated outside of the United Kingdom.
It´s famous for being one of the best preserved golf courses in the world.
- Recommended boutique hotel: La Casa Grande, in Arcos de la Frontera (Cadiz, South Spain).
2- EL SALER (VALENCIA)
One year after another, this course is chosen as one of the continental Europe best courses, without counting the ones from the United Kingdom.
It´s located in one of the most beautiful spots in Spain, the Albufera National Park.
- Recommended boutique hotel: El Secanet, in Valencia (East coast of Spain).
3- MATALENAS (SANTANDER)
Up in the north of Spain we find a public course for everybody who enjoys golfing. In spite of what a person may think from a public golf course, it will greatly surprise its visitor by its breath-taking location, one of the most beautiful around the region.
- Recommended boutique hotels:
4- LA HERRERIA (MADRID)
It´s one of the most traditional golf courses in Spain, located in a mountain range and right next to the famous Escorial monastery. People will enjoy great views at any moment.
- Recommended boutique hotel: Abalu, in Madrid.
5- DESERT SPRINGS (ALMERIA)
It´s the best choice if you want to live the American golf experience in Europe.
Located at a resort with the same name as one in Arizona, it´s made with all the details of an American desert golf course.
To be built, the rules of the USGA were followed point by point.
FUN FACT: It is not mere coincidence or just a whim to want to look American.
Because of its resemblance with the Arizona desert in the US, many Western movies were shot in the desert of Almeria.
- Recommended boutique hotel: La Almendra y el Gitano, in Almeria.
6- PGA GOLF (GERONA)
This course is known by many golfers for its complexity. Full of trees and little ponds, it´s a real challenge not to fail every once in a while.
- Recommended boutique hotel: El Raco de Madremanya, in Madremanya (Gerona, North-East Spain).
7- LA MANGA (MURCIA)
One of the biggest in Spain, it has three golf links with 18 holes each.
The most popular one is called “Norte” and it´s very complicated because of its many ponds, bunkers and palm trees that will make the golfer fight to make a good game.
- Recommended boutique hotel: Hospederia Bajo el Cejo, in Alhama de Murcia (Murcia, South-East Spain).
8- LAS BRISAS (MALAGA)
Located within a unique natural place. It has many obstacles, for example ten artificial lakes.
- Recommended boutique hotels:
- La Casa Grande, in Arcos de la Frontera (previously mentioned).
- La Almunia del Valle, in Monachil (Granada, South Spain).
9- SON GUAL (MAJORCA)
This was the first course on the island. It´s beautiful and all the details are taken seriously by its personnel to make the visitor enjoy at any moment.
- Recommended boutique hotel: Can Verdera, in Fornalutx (Majorca).
All the information and pictures about the golf courses were taken through the following article:http://www.eleconomista.es/evasion/noticias/3292287/08/11/Los-10-mejores-campos-de-golf-de-Espana.html
To learn more about golf in Spain: